How do I sell ads for a hardcopy book?
Please feel free to make a comment.
About Management, Trends, Marketing, Word of Mouth and Life In General. My thoughts will primaraly be based on the theories of Tom Peters, Faith Popcorn and Seth Godin - and of course, my own experiences.
1) You have a product or service or cause that helps users learn and grow and kick ass at something.
2) You give users tools to help them evangelize.
3) You do not ever, ever, ever pay users for doing this.
This is how YOU can help your true users to evangelize YOUR product of service.
Yet before we get ahead of ourselves, there are scientists who remain skeptical that greenhouse gases (human-caused) are the major source of global warming. They argue that this warming is due to natural cycles or other variables, such as sunspot activity. While the number of these skeptics is shrinking faster than the polar ice caps, we shouldn't forget that a majority opinion is no warranty of scientific truth (ask Copernicus). And ideological claims ("they're all paid off by Big Oil") are no substitute for fact-based discourse, even if the big clock is ticking.
A heartly warm thank you to Gil Friend who in his blog really makes a statement with regards to the profoundly effect of releasing CO2. In his blog yesterday he wrote:
The options for action -- for governments, companies and, yes, each of us -- should now be clear, if they weren't already:
1. Slow and reverse any and all contributions to global warming
2. Minimize, mitigate, deal with, adapt to the daunting and inevitable impacts
3. Do #1 and 2 in ways that build economic benefit
4. Do #1, 2 and 3 in ways that build reputation
(#4 is especially pertinent for companies -- but I guarantee you it will impact politicians as well.)